Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service over the phone to our clients, field personnel and internal departments.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of legacy, existing, and new PC hardware and software technology.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of legacy, existing, and new support processes.
- Provides friendly courteous, and quality level-one hardware and software support.
- Remotely troubleshoot networking, server, and end user desktop/portable device incidents.
- Manage escalations from clients in a timely resolution.
- Be responsible for tracking and monitoring open problems to insure service level standards are met.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate individuals as needed.
- Provide feedback to appropriate members of our management team regarding potential tool and / or process enhancements
- Stay abreast of changes and maintain appropriate skills and certifications in your area of specialization.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and communicate relevant information.
- Be an active participant in the incident management and service request processes.
- Provide complete and thorough documentation for all support calls via our in house MSP system.
- Occasional travel to client locations to assist with hardware and software deployments/installations.
- An Undergraduate degree in an applied technology area such as Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred
- Equivalent training and experience may be substituted and considered
- Clean driving history and current driver's license
Job Related Experience:
- Two-four year’s customer service experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC/handheld, hardware/software and printer problems.
- Innovative, team-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow through skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to sustain a high level of productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office & Google Apps for Business & Education.
- Mobile Device Operation Systems (Android, iOS).
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems 7/10.
- Experience troubleshooting/administering Microsoft Server 2008/2012.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux OS.
- Experience with server and or desktop virtualization.
- Experience with networked storage.
- Experience with enterprise data backup solutions.
- Experience working with Amazon AWS.
- Experience troubleshooting MacOS computers.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including intermediate DNS knowledge.
- Microsoft Exchange Console.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- VMware and virtual machine experience.
- 3-4 years tech support and experience in a Microsoft environment.
- Server and network administration experience.
- CompTia A+.
- CompTia Server+.
- CompTia Network+.
- Google Apps for business & education experience.
- Ability to sit in an office chair for long periods of times while using multiple computer monitors..
- Ability to type at least 40 words a minute.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as necessary.
How do I Apply?
To be considered, all applicants must submit the following:
- An updated resume.
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications. We will not consider any candidates who do not supply a cover letter.
- Salary history and/or requirement.
- Fill out the form below.
Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.